REACH Grant Program ExpandsAugust 26, 2016
Restaurant employees have a second chance to apply for a REACH Grant!July 24, 2017
We’ve overhauled the REACH Program this year to make it easier for restaurant employees to get the college tuition funds they need! RGMs are now eligible to apply, but we’ve done so much more to make the entire process easier…
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR:
Apply starting February 1!
WHO MAY APPLY:
- The REACH Educational Grant now provides college tuition assistance to ALL restaurant employees at participating restaurants*! Any RGM, AUM, Shift Supervisor or Team Member can apply.
- Managers who are selected will receive $3,000 for the 2016-17 academic year. Previous REACH Grant recipients receive $2,500 and first-time winners receive $2,000.
- Each restaurant position is a separate category, so there is no competition between you and your team. Everyone can benefit!
- This year’s application is much faster and easier.
- The essay has been eliminated.
- GPA is no longer part of the selection criteria.
- No citizenship or income information is collected.
- There are now TWO chances to apply! First window: February 1 through March 30. Second window: August 1 through September 28.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Regardless of your age, restaurant position, the type of degree you’re pursuing or the type of school you’re attending, the REACH Grant is for you!
- Funds can be used at any accredited four-or two-year college or trade/vocational school for full- or part-time study. The REACH Grant can also be used for graduate studies.
- You must be an active employee who has worked at a KFC restaurant for at least six months.
- GPA is no longer part of the selection criteria, which means once the minimum 2.5 for eligibility is met, grade point average does not affect an applicant’s chances of being selected.
- More details and a link to the online REACH Grant application can be found
here starting February 1.
- Questions? Contact the Foundation at KFCFoundation@kfc.com or 800-248-5092.
- RGMs: Cheer your teams on and lead by example! Apply for the REACH Grant yourself and then encourage your AUM, Shift Supervisors and Team Members who are attending college in the fall of 2017 or spring of 2018 to apply too!
*To be eligible, employees must be employed at a KFC U.S. restaurant that is participating in the Kentucky Fried Chicken Foundation’s 2017 Cole Slaw Donation Program. All KFC Company Restaurants are in the program. Not all franchisee-owned restaurants participate.