Pursue your high school credential through this free, all-inclusive GED achievement program, which provides free unlimited access to official GED prep and testing—in both English and Spanish! Each student is paired with a personal GED Advisor™ who is with them every step of the way as their accountability partner and cheerleader.
Supports KFC restaurant employees in earning their GED through an online prep and testing program.
A pathway to achieving your dreams
Your future is just beginning.
The KFC Foundation will continue to support your educational goals after you earn your GED.
- You’re guaranteed a scholarship for the accredited college or trade school of your choice*
- All KFC restaurant employees can pursue a tuition-free online college degree through the KFC Foundation’s partnership with Western Governor’s University
- I’m not enrolled in high school
- I’m at least 16 years old (may need to be at least 18 years old in some states)
- I have not graduated from high school or received a GED® credential or equivalent
- I’m a restaurant general manager, assistant manager, shift supervisor or team member at a KFC restaurant participating in the KFC Foundation’s Franchise Donation Program
How does it work?
- Create an account.
- The KFC Foundation will verify your employment status.
- Once verified and approved into the program, you’ll take a practice test.
- Your GED Advisor™ will contact you by phone to go over the program and create a custom plan just for you.
- Start your study plan.
- Your GED Advisor™ will continue to guide you through the program until you get your GED® credential!
You must complete this program on a computer. This program cannot be completed on a phone.
Additional Perks of the GED Achievement Program
College/Trade School Scholarship Guarantee: If you earn your GED and apply for a college or trade school scholarship through the KFC Foundation, you’re guaranteed an award, given you follow all instructions and meet minimum eligibility requirements.
Congratulatory Visa® gift cards: Every time you pass a GED subject exam, you’ll receive a handwritten congratulatory note in the mail along with a $25 Visa gift card. When you pass your fourth and final test, you’ll get a $100 Visa gift card. In total, you could receive $175 for earning your GED!
Annual GED Grad Raffle: Once you earn your GED, you’ll automatically be entered into a drawing to win a $1,000 Visa® gift card! The drawing will take place in December of each year. To be eligible to win, you must be employed at a participating restaurant at the time of the drawing.
Annual GED Graduate of the Year Award: GED graduates can be nominated by their Franchisee for this prestigious award in December of each year (details on how to nominate will be emailed to franchisees of graduates in December). The winner will get a $1,000 Visa® gift card! To be eligible to win, you must be employed at a participating restaurant when the winner is selected in December.
“It makes me happy that KFC is giving people second chances at bettering their futures.” – Melodie, KFC team member
The KFC Foundation has partnered with Crisis Text Line® to provide free 24/7 text-based mental health support and crisis intervention for the KFC family.
Need someone to talk to?
Text "Fries" to 741741 to text confidentially with a compassionate, trained Crisis Counselor.
To be eligible for the KFC Foundation’s programs, you must work at a KFC restaurant in the U.S. that participates in the KFC Foundation’s Franchise Donation Program.