Apply for up to $20,000 in scholarships to attend the two- or four-year college, trade school or graduate school of your choice for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Scholarships for College, Trade School & Graduate School
Application opens Feb. 1, 2024
Pursue your dreams of higher education
KFC Foundation Scholarship
- I’ve graduated from high school, earned my high school equivalency/GED, or will graduate from high school in May 2024
- I’m enrolling in an accredited trade school, college or graduate school for the Fall 2024 semester
- If applying for the $5,000 or $2,500 scholarship: I have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- If applying for the $10,000 or $20,000 scholarship: I have a minimum 3.5 GPA
- I’m an employee at a KFC restaurant participating in the KFC Foundation’s Annual Donation Program
Note: This is a competitive program, meaning not every employee who applies will receive a scholarship.
How It Works
- Complete the 2024 scholarship application between Feb. 1-29
- Your application is reviewed to ensure its complete and meets minimum eligibility requirements
- Your essay is reviewed and scored by a panel of judges; Scholarship winners are selected based on their essay score
- Scholarship winners are notified late April 2024
- Winners must complete scholarship acceptance form by the deadline. If the acceptance form is not completed by the deadline, the scholarship will be forfeited
Janet L. Kuhn Scholarship
The Janet L. Kuhn Scholarship provides an opportunity for one KFC Foundation Scholarship recipient per year to DOUBLE their award amount.* To be considered for this award, applicants must complete an additional essay during the KFC Foundation Scholarship application process.
The GED Graduate Scholarship Guarantee
Those who earn their GED through the KFC Foundation, apply for a scholarship, follow all instructions and meet all minimum eligibility requirements will receive either a $2,500 or $5,000 scholarship to further their education!
*Recipients of the $10,000 and 20,000 scholarship are ineligible for the Janet L. Kuhn Scholarship
The KFC Foundation has partnered with Crisis Text Line® to provide free 24/7 text-based mental health support and crisis intervention for the KFC family.
Need someone to talk to?
Text "Fries" to 741741 to text confidentially with a compassionate, trained Crisis Counselor.
To be eligible for the KFC Foundation’s programs, you must work at a KFC restaurant in the U.S. that participates in the KFC Foundation’s Franchise Donation Program.