For KFC restaurant employees who didn’t graduate from high school, Rise with GEDWorks is a pathway to achieving their dreams. This year-round online program offers:
Supports KFC restaurant employees in earning their GED through an online prep and testing program.
A pathway to achieving your dreams
Rise with GEDWorks
- Unlimited access to official GED prep and testing—Test until you pass!
- A personal GED Advisor™ who will help you set up a study plan, and serve as your accountability partner and cheerleader
- Study materials and advising in both English and Spanish
- Flexibility to learn at your own pace based on your own schedule
- Exclusive Facebook group where you can get the support of others participating in the program
- I’m not enrolled in high school
- I’m at least 16 years old (may need to be at least 18 years old in some states)
- I have not graduated from high school or received a GED® credential or equivalent
- I’m a restaurant general manager, assistant manager, shift supervisor or team member at a KFC restaurant participating in the KFC Foundation’s Franchise Donation Program
How does it work?
- Create an account.
- The KFC Foundation will verify your employment status.
- Once verified and approved into the program, you’ll take a practice test.
- Your GED Advisor™ will contact you by phone to go over the program and create a custom plan just for you.
- Start your study plan.
- Your GED Advisor™ will continue to guide you through the program until you get your GED® credential!
You must complete this program on a computer. This program cannot be completed on a phone.
Additional Perks for Rise with GEDWorks Students
Congratulatory Visa® gift cards: Every time a Rise student passes a GED subject exam, they’ll receive a handwritten congratulatory note in the mail along with a $25 Visa gift card. When they pass their fourth and final test, they’ll get a $100 Visa gift card. In total, they could receive $175 for earning their GED!
Annual GED Grad Raffle: Every employee who earns their GED will be entered into a drawing to win a $1,000 Visa® gift card! The drawing will take place in December of each year. To be eligible to win, the Rise with GEDWorks graduate must still be employed at the time of the drawing.
Annual GED Graduate of the Year Award: Rise with GEDWorks graduates can be nominated by their Franchisee for this prestigious award in December of each year (details on how to nominate will be emailed to franchisees of graduates in December). The winner will get a $1,000 Visa® gift card! To be eligible to win, the Rise with GEDWorks graduate must still be employed at the time of selection in December.
Rise to REACH Guarantee: The REACH Grant is a competitive program, meaning not everyone who applies receives a grant. The Rise to REACH Guarantee ensures every Rise with GEDWorks graduate who applies for the REACH Grant, follows all instructions and meets eligibility requirements will receive a REACH Grant to further their education.
The KFC Foundation has partnered with Crisis Text Line® to provide free 24/7 text-based mental health support and crisis intervention for the KFC family.
Need someone to talk to?
Text "Fries" to 741741 to text confidentially with a compassionate, trained Crisis Counselor.
To be eligible for the KFC Foundation’s programs, you must work at a KFC restaurant in the U.S. that participates in the KFC Foundation’s Franchise Donation Program.